This semester is done!

I'm now in UF. I'm just completed my final exam for this semester on Tuesday this week. It not easy though, and not hard either. Choices to be Master candidate require absolute commitment, plus hard labor on class and research. Need to balance both. In Malaysia, if we referring about research, we apply exact same format as UK education, but US and Canada don't. 

Each semester minimum 9 unit to take, and for Msc 30 unit is need to complete the degree. PhD is more demanding, with 90 unit, plus presentation and defense research proposal. Study group? I can say it almost IMPOSSIBLE to do it like traditional way; sitting around in a group, do discussion etc- because each one have to watch their own back. Anyway, the method and approach to implement the mechanism can be done. Especially through email, online group discussion etc.  Moreover, like I say before, here is not a place to fool around. Honeymoon semester is over.

How about the classes are they good? Excellent? Well, I only took two classes + research this Fall. 1. Plant growth and development. +2. Horticultural Physiology +3. Master Research = 9 unit in total. Start on August, and just ended last week on December. During 1st month, lecture and journal club is like sound bite. Miss few point. But still, escape is not a choice. It’s very interesting when we talk about hormone, phytochrome, circadian clock, and how endogenous factor regulated evolution and development of plant species. Now, I'm enjoying reading journal (something that I never dreamed of before) as each journal have their own same rhythm. We can tell which one are good or not. 

About classes, it Okays. For those who interested about plant and want to find good references for this, I recommend "Plant Physiology, 4th Edition". Lovely! My American friend say, this book is Bible of Horticultural Plant. Yap, I do agree with them. New plant hormone were discover after 2006; Brassinolides, Salicylic Acid, Jasmonic Acid. They sure have to update it next time for new edition. lol!

LOL? I learn many short forms here. lol= laugh out loud. brb= be right back, tba= to be announce. It not only Bahasa Melayu have undergo word evolution, it happen in English either.

 lol.

Interesting part on my research project. I can't tell much about this. Probably after I manage to publish a research paper, I will forward them to you guys. Still, it confine for me to speak about it around. Basically, I'm working on strawberry (Fragaria spp). I can't forget people responded when they knew what project I working on. You can hear "Kyaa!" from Japanese, "Wow" from Chinese, "Awesome!" from English native, and "Wooo.." from Malay. Its multiple by the power of 4 if the person have chromosome XX. Isn't that neat?

I'm done with this semester. Far to go, still. This winter break is for serious rest. When we are play, sleep, pray, do it seriously! It not hard to be hard, and not easy to be easy? I'm going somewhere with my friends on vacation soon. I will tell about it late. Till next time... ganbatte!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ada udang di sebalik mee

Bergantung harap